Board of Trustees
Shasho Pole, Chairman
Boilermatic Welding Inc.
Crescent Contracting, Inc.
Independent Piping Systems
Botto Mechanical Corp.
Timbil Mechanical LLC
Fresh Meadow Mechanical Inc.
Aspro Mechanical Contracting Inc.
Skanska Mechanical & Structural
Membership in the Greater New York Welding Chapter (GNYWC) entitles contractors to enrollment both in the local welding chapter as well as the National Certified Pipe Welding Bureau (NCPWB). Membership in these two organizations entitles members to establish and qualify Welding Procedure Specifications (WPSs) which conform with the requirements of Section IX, ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, and which comply with other nationally recognized codes for various methods of welding.
By becoming a member of the GNYWC, you not only gain access to local welding records, but you gain access to the welding records from chapters across the country through NCPWB’s database.
Membership in the GNYWC will entitle you to certify as many steamfitter welders as you would like at absolutely no cost. That means that you can certify ALL of your welders for less than you would pay to certify ONLY ONE welder as a non-member! Can you afford not to join?
GNYWC Membership Benefits
- Receive certification papers for any or all Local 1 & Local 638 certified welders.
- Automatic membership in the National Certified Pipe Welding Bureau (NCPWB) which provides updates on the latest technology, new welding procedures, and other helpful welding information.
- Receive certification papers for any registered certified welder including travelers in the country.
Requirements for GNYWC Membership
- You must be a contractor who is regularly engaged in the fabrication or erection of piping systems.
- You must be a signatory to a labor agreement with the United Association of Journeymen & Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipefitting Industry (United Association or UA for short).
- Be a member of a local chapter of the NCPWB where available before joining the national organization
To join, simply complete the GNYWC Membership Application (PDF) form and enclose it along with a check made payable to the Greater New York Welding Chapter. Annual Dues are prorated and listed on the membership application along with a one-time initiation fee of $250. Please mail your completed application and check to our offices as listed below:
Greater New York Welding Chapter
535 Eighth Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10018
If you have any questions regarding membership or the application please contact Mischa Victor-Maraj at email@example.com